Go placidly amid the
noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far
as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to
the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and
aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare
yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will
be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements
as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble,
it's a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But
let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for
high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in
the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the
Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering
the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in
sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many
fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome
discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And
whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him
to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of
life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken
dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be
God will ask
1. God won't ask what kind of car you drove, but will ask
how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.
2. God won't
ask the square footage of your house, but will ask how many people you
welcomed into your house.
3. God won't ask about the fancy clothes you
had in your closet, but will ask how many of those clothes helped the
4. God won't ask about your social status, but will ask what
kind of class you displayed.
5. God won't ask how many material
possessions you had, but will ask if they dictated your life.
won't ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if you compromised
your character to obtain that salary.
7. God won't ask how much
overtime you worked, but will ask if you worked overtime for your family
and loved ones.
8. God won't ask how many promotions you received, but
will ask how you promoted others.
9. God won't ask what your job title
was, but will ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
10. God won't ask what you did to help yourself, but will ask what you
did to help others.
11. God won't ask how many friends you had, but
will ask how many people to whom you were a true friend.
12. God won't
ask what you did to protect your rights, but will ask what you did to
protect the rights of others.
13. God won't ask in what neighborhood
you lived, but will ask how you treated your neighbors.
14. God won't
ask about the color of your skin, but will ask about the content of your
15. God won't ask how many times your deeds matched your
words, but will ask how many times they didn't.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE
Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
your favorite poem.
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have
or sleep all you want.
4. When you say, "I love you", mean it.
When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged
at least six months before you get married or commit to a life-partner.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone's
dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
9. Love deeply
and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name-calling.
11. Don't judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly but
13. When someone asks you a question you don't want to
answer, smile and ask, 'Why do you want to know?"
14. Remember that
great love and great achievements involve great risk.
15. Call your
16. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
you lose, don't lose the lesson.
18. Remember the three R's: Respect
for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
20. When you
realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
22. Marry or partner with a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get
older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
23. Spend some time alone.
24. Open your arms to change but don't
let go of your values.
25. Remember that silence is sometimes the best
26. Read more books and watch less TV.
27. Live a good,
honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to
enjoy it a second time.
28. Trust in God but lock your car.
loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a
tranquil harmonious home.
30. In disagreements with loved ones, deal
with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
31. Read between
32. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve
33. Be gentle with the earth.
34. Pray. There's
immeasurable power in it.
35. Never interrupt when you are being
36. Mind your own business.
37. Don't trust a man/woman
who doesn't close his/her eyes when you kiss.
38. Once a year, go
someplace you've never been before.
39. If you make a lot of money,
put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's
40. Remember that not getting what you want is
sometimes a stroke of luck.
41. Learn the rules then break some.
42. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for
each other is greater than your need for each other.
43. The things
you'll regret most when you get older are the things you never